The MegaCon Tampa team will be getting ready for another record breaking year in 2017 and want your help!
Whether you have been coming to the show for years or volunteered previously – perhaps you are new to the show or are just a fan of Comics, Sci-Fi, Horror, Anime and/or Gaming. Regardless, we want to hear from you.
Look out for the MegaCon Tampa Bay application in 2017 or Click here for more information on how to apply to volunteer at MegaCon Orlando, May 25th – May 28th , 2017.
HOW DO I VOLUNTEER?
- You must be at least 16 years of age or older.
- You must be legally eligible to work in the United States of America.
- You must be available for an interview as well as any orientation meetings that follow your acceptance as a volunteer (approximately 1-2).
- You must be available to work a minimum of one 10-hour day either Friday, Saturday or Sunday during the convention Sept. 29 – Oct. 1, 2017.
Please note that although we do receive many out of town requests to volunteer, MegaCon Tampa Bay is not responsible for travel, parking OR accommodations.
THE MEGACON VOLUNTEER TEAM IS:
- Expected to act appropriately as they are representatives of MegaCon Tampa Bay.
- Expected to maintain confidentiality with any information received at MegaCon Tampa Bay
- Not permitted to make any statements or actions that would affect the convention, including statements to the public and/or press.
- Expected to perform their requested duties to the best of their abilities. If for any reason volunteers are unable to do what is asked of them, please inform the Supervisor so that other arrangements can be made.
- Not guaranteed to work in a specific event. Some duties will be specific to either Anime, Science Fiction, Horror, Gaming or Comic, while others will deal with all events.
HOW MUCH TIME DO I HAVE TO GIVE?
- A single 10-hour day is requested but you may work more if you’d like!
- Volunteers are free to participate in the activities of the convention before & after their scheduled duties.
WHAT IS THE DRESS CODE?
- Volunteers are asked to dress casually and appropriately. No ripped jeans, short shorts or skirts, offensive shirts, etc.
- To be courteous to co-workers and patrons, volunteers will practice clean personal hygiene. Please avoid using excessive amounts of perfumes, colognes and/or hairsprays that may cause a problem for allergy sufferers.
- Volunteers are not permitted to cosplay while working their shift.
- MegaCon Tampa Bay staff reserves the right to dismiss any Volunteer whom they feel does not adhere to the guidelines set out by MegaCon Tampa Bay, and/or who fails to satisfactorily complete their duties.
WHAT REWARDS DO I GET?
Our amazing volunteers are the heart of our show. Along with accidentally photo bombing Darth Vader, volunteers will receive:
- A glimpse of the behind-the-scenes workings of MegaCon while volunteering at the show
- When off duty, you‘ll have full access to MegaCon exhibits. You can attend panels, participate in games, go to Q&A’s, and purchase photo/autograph sessions
- A discount on MegaCon Merchandise
- Snacks and refreshments during shifts
- An opportunity to experience invaluable community service
- A chance to be part of the community while having fun
- And last but not least, a commemorative Megacon tshirt and Lanyard
VOLUNTEER APPLICATIONS FOR 2016 ARE NOW CLOSED.